Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sticks and Twigs





This post at stylophile about Patrick Dougherty's installation on the facade of the Max Azria Melrose Avenue Boutique in LA reminded me of something...





In 2001 Mr. Dougherty came to Smith to install Paradise Gate. I helped him on the installation one afternoon. I really just handed him large sticks, but I had a great time watching him work and chatting with an artist I'd only heard of a few days prior. That afternoon he was very amiable but also intent on completing the task at hand. It was a memorable afternoon. And, thank goodness, I didn't impale him or myself with a stick!



His work is incredible, no? Thanks for the memories, stylophile.

credits: www.stickwork.net

1 comment:

rick said...

I remember those photos from Smith College! Glad to see Patrick Dougherty is still doing it. Looks really nice on the Max Azria.