Thursday, January 17, 2008

Opening credits

I am so inspired by the creative minds behind some of my favorite blogs, I felt the need to join the class and participate. So here goes. Sometimes I'll raise my hand and chime in, though I may just sit in the back and observe from time to time. I'll share those quiet observations as they come.

In any case, what am I doing here? I find that I'm interested in everything that creates a scene, in a movie, in a day, in a life. I'm attracted to the textures of the costumes, the witty dialogue, the mid-century lamp in the background, the tropical scenery that at once creates a sense of melancholy and joy. Rather than creating a blog about everything I'd like to create one dedicated to mise en scene -- not as intimidating as everything to be sure, but much more scenic!

No comments: